Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Chlorinated H2O

Current Playlist: Linkin Park (Meteora)
The water was warm at the pool tonight...it's a perfect contrast to the slightly chilly weather here on campus. Chlorinated water has been my escape. There's something deeply profound about releasing all that tension and stress within the confines of a swimming pool. I remember enjoying water at such an early stage; I just didn't want to drink it, it felt like I needed to be in it, to be a part of it. Swimming gives me the ability to push myself physically, and at the same time, free my mind of all its existing constraints.
The pool was lighted from the inside while classical music surrounds the entire place. It is as if Mozart was humming to the beat of the ocean. It was a relaxing atmosphere; the stuff that fluid reflections are made of. I remember glancing at the ceiling for a moment and noticed the intricate architectural details of the space. The rigidity and coldness of the hard-bound metals...they complemented the sensation I felt while being underwater doing the breaststroke. Quite an experience indeed. Always is...

No comments: