Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Imbalance and Imperfection

currently listening to Syntax' "Pride"

the cheap $2 plastiTAc I bought to put my pictures up in the wall is slowly losing its grip...being the icked-out doodie that i am I can't help but look at it constantly, been wanting to push it in again/to make the stuff adhere once more but somehow I noticed a certain beautiful imbalance as they fall apart. Maybe it speaks to the higher concept of ineffective perfection: that no matter how much one tries to make everything clear cut...the reality is that imperfection is inevitable, i'ts bound to happen, it's what it is intended do. I then remember a lecture in Design History about the dynamics of chaos. The idea was brought up that imperfection and imbalance permeate the natural order of things.

today consisted of: a day late call-back to a friend who initially wanted to invite me to go clubbing last night, a cocophony of thoughts and ideas as I detailed my way through CommArts: Design Annual, the dryness that is canned corned beef, Breyers Twix ice cream, text messages from a really close friend who lives about 10 mins. away, a casual conversation about relationships, The Office on NBC, heart-warming comments from Mr. Gilliginich, a desk overflowing remnants of creativity, laziness, responsibility, hunger and utility and an overall thirst for iced cold water.

No comments: