Saturday, October 22, 2005

The Friday That Was Never Meant To Happen.

playlist: Matchbox 20's "Mad Season"

I screwed myself yesterday...

...well kinda, sorta. I woke up 10 minutes before my first class starts so I was frantic once again. As I rush through the campus trying not to be late, I realized that it happened again...I told myself the night before (as I usually do) that i'm just going to take a 30-min. nap, get back to my project, finish it, and work on my Physics write-up; I ended up oversleeping...and "unaccomplished". It's moments like these that I question why i'm having such a hard time with academia. I was telling my roommate how I don't mind going to class, participating and such, yet the very act of "doing homework" comes naturally difficult for me. These things throws me off balance...to the point where i'm so close to falling in the water and drowning. well kinda, sorta.

so I ended up not going to design class because I don't have anything to present. The stresses from the last book project still insanely lingers so I never really had the energy to start and ideate for a new one...but i'm well aware that I NEED TO, not just for the grade, but for my design career in general. If I want to be the best designer there is, I have to form productive habits and keep at it...keep at it no matter what.

I went to Japantown with Alvin. I jokingly told Norman that I needed to go to a Zen Garden at J-town and reflect on the stresses of the week. Laugher all around; deep inside, i'm partly serious...I do feel like I needed to meditate...to seriouslly assess why things are fallling apart right in front of me. ON THE LIGHTER THINGS, J-town is always amazing...the tranquility and calm atmosphere is perfect for such a gloomy, cold weather. We spent most of our time at Nijiya Market; Alvin deciding which Gatsby product is better for his hair (matte or superhold) and me deciding which junkfood to buy...ahh! the good things in life...junkfood and hair products. I spent about $30 so so on food...J-town's kinda expensive but I think it's worth it (see picture of some of the stuff I bought). After grocery shopping, we head to a J.restaurant had some J.food and had a Juper Jawesome Jime Jeating. MISO SOUP IS THE SHIT!...

after J-town we head back to the dorms, fixed my hair some more...headed to Club Dragon with Alvin, Jason, and Ricky and I'm officially back in the "meat market," after a brief hiatus. I saw a couple of familiar faces and a whole lot of unfamiliar ones, it's hard loosening up w/o my friend Alcohol to accompany me...hehehe. It was a pretty good night though...Then right after, went to IHOP at DC, met with Thomas, had some Sampler Combo, and drove back to SFSU.

Drained. Doomed. Dead.
well kinda, sorta.

1 comment:

It's just me said...

dude, everyone was wondering where u was at. 80% of the day was lecture then we went over the crits for about an hour and a half, then the last 30mins was discussing the reading.

but i'm glad you got some "me" time for yourself to "Jejuvinate," lol.